5/10/11

Chef trapped in a hygienists' body..

Some days I would like to put on an apron instead of scrubs. Don't get me wrong I love my profession and it has served me very well over the past 19 years, but as I grow older I realize some new passions in my life...cooking being at the TOP of the list! I have lots of great cooks in my family, my Grannie Turner who was known throughout Cairo for her famous cakes, my Mama who introduced me to cooking years ago even though I was reluctant to learn at the time and numerous aunts, cousins and in-loves (as a friend calls the inlaws) that have contributed yummy dishes to my recipe box over the years. Maybe that's one reason I have such an affection for the kitchen! Maybe it's because I love to eat and try new food combinations, or perhaps because in my kitchen is where alot of our family memories are made, maybe because through the actions in my kitchen I can make others content and happy, even if it's only for a little while! Whatever the reason, I love to cook, bake, knead, process and garnish! I love the aromas that float through my house when I am baking bread or have a huge pot of soup simmering on the stove. There is nothing more therapeutic, (except maybe pulling weeds from my flower beds) than rolling out dough, or whisking egg whites at the end of a stressful day and I get to eat the final result! For me..it's just a little piece of paradise! Plus..We all enjoy a good meal, right?
:) Happy Cooking!!

No comments:

Post a Comment