Without ceasing...
How often do you pray? You don't have to tell me, but just answer the question for yourself.....I'm giving you time...(whistling the Jeopardy tune). Finished? OK, In Thessalonians 5:17, it plainly tells us to "pray without ceasing",but have you ever really tried that? Without ceasing, meaning continually, never ending! While mowing the grass this morning I began to talk with God, and I continued to do so while I weeded the flower beds, and then while I was watering the flowers, and even more after I finished the outside work and got in the car to run some errands. Total time for all that was only about 3 hours!! Not all day -You don't necessarily need a special place or special time to pray. You don't need to be in a special mood to pray. Praying should be like breathing, continuous, essential, life-giving, praying is the conversation with God that goes on all of our days!! Have you ever tried to carry on 2 conversations at the same time? While some people are better at it than others, no-one can fully devote themselves to 2 people at the same time. I think that praying without ceasing means being so caught up in your conversation with God that it is hard to concentrate on another. God knows our life and all the things that are in store for us, He is truly the only one that knows our destiny, we should be talking to him daily, hourly, minutely [yes, it's a word..;) ] I am challenging myself to take that scripture "literally" and seek Him in all of my thoughts, joys, hopes, worries and desires. I feel sure if I pray without ceasing, My Father will listen without ceasing. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment